Friday, February 15, 2008

So the last few weeks have been a blast! About two weeks ago I was driving down a dark road and a deer jumped out and tried to commit suicide on my car. After freaking out ( saying some not very nice words), I called my mom and began to cry. She informed me I needed to call the police, and my insurance company, which I did. I took my car in the body shop and about four days later had my sweet Gracie back again. (Yes I do name my cars!) This was a Friday. On my way to work the next Monday, I was yielding for an oncoming car and the driver behind did not see me and....wait for it....rear-ended me!!!
Now While I have realized how spoiled I am to have such a wonderful car. I have also been reminded about how gracious God is. After my first wreck, friends helped me out in so many ways by coming to calm me down to helping me do research on the right body shop to use. The second wreck just allowed me to see how friends were willing to laugh with me simply to keep me from crying. All this to say it is easy for me to get caught up in what I own, but what I need to remember is that God desires for me to remember how much He has blessed me and for me to glorify him no matter the circumstances.

No comments: