Sunday, September 24, 2006

I am going to be 29 in three days and it scares me to think about it. I'm sure when I was younger I never expected to not be married and have a family or even have a career by this time in my life. In so many ways though, I can't imagine my life being any different than it is right now. Life is a collection of stories and experiences (both bad and good) that make us who we are. I thank God for the expreiences that I have had so far, many of which I never would have been able to participate in had I been married.
So what is it about being 29 that scares me so much? It is still relatively young. I mean it's not as if we live in a place where the average age of death is 40. I am not becoming less of a person because I am a year older. In fact, I don't feel like I am going to be 29, instead feeling more like I should be turning 25. In a previous post, I wrote about trying to be content where I am, and I think that is a daily prayer of mine. So I guess, turning 29 does not signify the end of the world. :o)

No comments: